Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pseudo Training Log: March 24, 2010

The snow is gone.

Over the last few months I have been strength training while my knee recuperates, and the vaults I have done have been challenged by ice and snow. Now that it's gone and my knee has been checked out, it's time for the hard training to begin once more.

To start off I learned a new Kong take-off, a powerstep which (according to an experienced traceur in Eagan) will give me both more distance and more height than either the two foot punch or split foot take-off. I can now do this take-off at full sprint, jog, and walk.

The 360° Underbar has not suffered.

The Speed Vault has not suffered.

The Lazy Vault has not suffered.

The standard landing has not suffered.

The Cat Walk has improved.

The roll has improved (makes no sense to me either).

MCAD Parkour had a record turn-out today, 6 members, all of which but one are repeats. They just never came all on the same day. It's taking off, and feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment