Monday, May 25, 2009

Training Log: May 22-25, 2009

Training this memorial day weekend included:
- Attempted kong vault over short side of picnic table.
- Navel high two step "speed vault".
- Wall climb.

Kong Vault:
Outright failure. Bad table, two step lead-up to table available, results were poor.

Speed Vault:
This one required a 1'-2' drop from the vaulting point over a thick rail. Still as easy as ever.

Wall Climb:
Awesome. Wall was around 6', and tiered. Two walls one after the next, one above the next. It's keystone, so foot grip was easy, was over it no problem after a few tries. Eventually went from one wall climb immediately into the next, covering a total of 12 vertical feet in 3 seconds. Topping out wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be, then again there are people who would kong vault a 6' wall. It felt good to understand how it should feel moving up the wall, if I can find one that sits around 8 feet that'd be awesome to try. Or a 6' that's not keystone.

A Lesson:
I hurt my right leg and the ball of my right foot over training the last few weeks, and just ignored it. After an hour of wall climbs, the leg could barely take my weight. So, it should be noted that recovery time is an absolute must after an injury. I'll probably have to wait quite awhile now to get back into serious work.

No comments:

Post a Comment