Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pseudo Training Log: October 18, 2009

Training log information will continue to be minimal again, as I actually fear for my knees and ankle now. Whereas before I wanted to take it slow with vaults etc., I now have no choice. I am certain permanent damage will occur if I continue. Does this mean I'm going to stop training? Hell. No. It does mean I can only focus on upper body strength and flexibility, however.

Bad news out of the way, I spent some time at Iowa State University this weekend. While a few of my friends were busy tailgating before the football game, a friend and I went on an adventure around campus. The entire place is ridiculously awesome for Parkour, and I was elated to find out they have an active club there. The above paragraph is a result of the training I did at ISU, and how I'm feeling afterward. It was still a lot of fun though, and when I'm healed I can easily imagine spending a weekend down there doing nothing but Parkour. All the main buildings are built of concrete with a really modern aesthetic, which means good grip, lots of precisions, lots of catwalks, plenty of vaultable "walls", plenty of wall run walls, it's really just a giant playground for traceurs. We're thinking about going back down there later in the year. The goal will be to have recovered by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment