Saturday, September 12, 2009

Training Log: September 11, 2009

Training yesterday included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Landings
-Rolls
-Precisions
-6" Beam Run
-360° Underbars
-QM

Biking:
Definitely felt the knee rehab on this one. For some reason it's not getting better, which is worrying. I wouldn't say it's getting any worse, but that doesn't make me any more comfortable. It doesn't hurt while walking, running, or moving. It only hurts when my knee's been bent for a period of time (like sitting in a chair) and I straighten it.

1" Wall Walk:
Still easy. Having not done it for over a week made me go slower, but I didn't have any problems.

1" Cat Walk:
Red line. At MCAD I've been cat walking rails much harder than this wall, so it was pretty easy as well.

Landings:
10 off the bench, 5 off the purple platform. I'm starting to feel a lot more control in my landings, they're getting increasingly more quiet. I suppose this shouldn't be surprising consider that's the point of these exercises, but it's still good to note.

Rolls:
These are still causing me so much trouble. I guess all I can do is keep drilling, but it's frustrating.

Precisions:
10 of them from the purple platform to the 6" beam. No failures. Felt great.

6" Beam Run:

360° Underbars:
Took me a bit to work up to where I was when last I did them, but I've got them down at a walk again. Excluding all the ones I had to do to get back up to that point, I did 10.

QM:
Came up with a new exercise for this. Set up two points in the field, do walking QM, then trotting QM, then gallop QM from one point to the next.

1 comment:

  1. Forsaking them for the sake of knee rehab. What has to be remembered is that the current Hell Pass count consists of 64+ vaults in addition to the total of 45 from sprint and standard vaults. By cutting out over half of the vaults, I'm hoping to give my right knee a break. This is going to be even more difficult now that MCAD Parkour has started, where I will doubtlessly have to teach people techniques on concrete (though not necessarily vaults). As I've learned the last two weeks, concrete is much harder on the joints than grass. This further reduces the possibility of any vaults at all during hard training sessions near home, since I have to make up for pounding on my knee at school. Admittedly I should probably just go in and have it checked...

    ReplyDelete