Thursday, September 10, 2009

UPDATE: It's been awhile

Training over the last...week? has included:

-QM
-Speed Vaults
-Kong Vaults
-Wall Runs
-Rolls

QM:
Happened a lot at the cabin, tried to stay away from drops. I've learned how to go full gallop now, and I can keep up with my cousin running when he has a beer in his hand he's trying not to spill. I also chased a dog around the yard a bunch. It doesn't feel awkward anymore, but it's still a lot of work.

Speed Vaults:
Over a table and a 4' wall. No specific numbers.

Kong Vaults:
Also over a table and that 4' wall.

Wall Runs:
I've found I really enjoy the 5'-6' walls. It's a fun pop over the top, and it's a good drill for flow.

Rolls:
Did these on carpet covered concrete. I've still got quite a ways to go, I need to tuck tighter.

General Notes:
After the cabin I basically went through hell for 3 days. Stayed at school overnight with an hour of sleep to get work done, it's been rough. Monday-Wednesday saw no Parkour at all. The cabin saw pretty much just QM up and down stairs and through a yard. MCAD Parkour has finally gotten off the ground, had our first meeting today. Only two people signed up, but we've got another possibility on the way. The person in charge of clubs happened to find us training on a picnic table and filmed us, then posted it to the MCAD activity site. That's generated some positive feedback. At the very least, people are interested in watching even if they're not participating. That's a start. Tomorrow will see my first hard training session in over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment