Friday, September 18, 2009

Training Log: September 17, 2009

Training yesterday included:

- Speed Vaults
- Kong Vaults
- Wall QM
- Lazy Vaults
- Cat Walk
- Precisions
- General Conditioning
- Wall Runs

Speed Vaults:
Over the low wall.

Kong Vaults:
Practiced on the higher wall again, still a lot of fun to realize I can do it on walls that high.

Wall QM:
Monkey vault onto the wall top of the library ramp, trotting QM to the end of it. I'm sure it looks really strange to passerby, but it's really good for me. Coordination, balance, and strength training in one exercise.

Lazy Vaults:
Getting better with the left foot since I have to do them to efficiently get back off the library ramp after going over the wall.

Cat Walk:
Slanted rail in front of Morrison. Really easy work, but fun.

Precisions:
Blocks in front of the Target section of the MIA again. I probably shouldn't classify these as precisions considering the landing platform is so large, but they are fair sized gaps to be taking at a standstill with a two foot take-off and land.

General Conditioning:
20 elevated push-ups.

Wall Runs:
Getting much better at the top-outs, especially on the lower walls. I can currently make it up 6' with zero pause on the transition to the top. Really gratifying.

General Notes:
I keep forgetting to work on Tic-tacs at MCAD. The same stair walls in front of Morrison I use for wall runs provide the perfect surface for learning, that is, super rough with great grip. I'll be doing those on Tuesday for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment