Thursday, September 24, 2009

Training Log: September 21-23

Training over the past 3 days has included:

- Biking
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Cat Walk
- 6" Beam Run
- 8" QM Trot
- QM
- Wall Runs
- Kong Vaults
- Speed Vaults
- Lazy Vaults
- Precisions
- General Conditioning

Biking:
Yep.

1" Wall Walk:
Still easy as pie.

1" Cat Walk:
On the rink ledge it's still fine. There's a railing at MCAD around an inch in diameter that I've been trying to make it to the end of, but it's ridiculously hard. It's amazing the difficulty added when a mere half inch is removed. In front of Morrison on the thicker, angled rail I found out I can do the catwalk backward pretty easily.

6" Beam Run:
Didn't actually happen...whoops.

8" QM Trot:
This is fun. Monkey vault onto the library ramp wall and QM down the length of it. Great exercise.

QM:
Toss the waterbottle, throw my shirt at my feet, QM back and forth between the two from a QM walk, to trot, to gallop.

Wall Runs:
I'm learning how to utilize my left foot better. It's always hit the wall, but it's never actually been useful because I wasn't conscious of it. 7' walls are easy now because of it, and I get a lot more boost up the wall.

Kong Vaults:
Made it lengthwise over my first wooden table. Multiple times. I am now confident I can make it over the ones at Cherry View Park. It's really hard on the hands though, they felt bruised for awhile afterward.

Speed Vaults:
Low wall and picnic table. Nothing big.

Lazy Vaults:
Library ramp, rink wall.

Precisions:
Purple platform to 6" beam, block to block in front of the MIA.

General Conditioning:
2 mile run in the Vibrams resulting in blisters. 20 elevated push-ups daily.

General Notes:
My feet and knees are extremely pissed at me, especially after yesterday's 3 hours of training. I need to give them time to recover, legitimate time to recover. I'll have to look at upper body conditioning exercises on APK. It sucks to have to do it, but it's gotta be done or it's only going to get significantly worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment