Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Training Log: September 1, 2009

Training yesterday included:

-Top Outs
-Wall Runs
-Cat Walk
-Precisions
-Landings
-Lazy Vaults

Top Outs:
These are getting increasingly easier. My feet come up between my hands almost 100% of the time. The problem is getting into the position to do them, especially with high walls. After watching a tutorial as I type this, I think that's going to take a lot of practice. That's the next step. He claims it's 50% strength, 50% technique, but whenever I've tried them it seems like so much effort. I'll try them tomorrow, we'll see.

Wall Runs:
Concentrated on doing the small ones in addition to grabbing the ledge from the top and turning into a top out position. I feel really comfortable with walls 7' high and under, I think the transition to the top is pretty smooth. As far as the turn grab is concerned, eventually I'm going to have to be able to do that from a standing position. From sitting is no problem, but I tried them at a crouch and it was really hard. Didn't manage even one.

Cat Walk:
Up a sloped railing. I don't know if I'll ever go down one facing forward, that seems to be a quick way to break my neck.

Precisions:
Jumping from block to block in front of the Target portion of the MIA. Big blocks, nothing strenuous. I'm really getting the feel for absorbing the impact by having my feet in front of my body though.

Landings:
10 onto concrete, short and sweet.

Lazy Vaults:
These aren't being drilled, but I have to do them to get off the library ramp. It's good practice though because the wall off the ramp is waist high and around 10" thick. Takes a little more effort to get the legs over, especially the left one (which is what I have to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment