Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Training Log: September 2, 2009

Training today included:

-Top Outs
-Monkey Vaults
-Wall Runs
-Lazy Vaults
-Cat Walk
-QM
-Precisions

Top Outs:
Still hard. Seeing as I posted yesterday's entry not 3 minutes ago, it can be assumed I'm having the same problem today as before.

Monkey Vaults:
Some friends came out to watch me today, one had me monkey onto a low wall over his head multiple times. It was good practice since I'm used to doing them right next to the edge, and I couldn't with him in the way.

Wall Runs:
Did two big ones (10'?) and a lot of 7'>. I can get on top of the 10' walls, but it's slop. Again it comes down to how shaky my technique is when I get to the top. Getting my hands up really isn't an issue, but getting into the position with the climb up where the top out is possible is really difficult. I just end up using my forearms, which is really bad form. This will be worked on, of course.

Lazy Vaults:
Same reason as before, they have to be done to get back over the wall without walking down the ramp.

Cat Walk:
Up the Morrison railing four times. Really easy. I've found that while the Vibrams may make it more difficult to do cat walks on the flat rails like the hockey rink, they make round rails a piece of cake.

QM:
Walked up and down the 10" wall I do lazies over a few times.

Precisions:
Again, out in front of the Target portion of the MIA. 15 across the blocks, nice and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment