Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Training Log: September 25-29, 2009

Training over the last five days has included:

- Upper body conditioning
- QM
- Tic-tacs
- Cat Walk

Upper body conditioning:
There's actually a wide variety of exercises available to me while I avoid the knee. I still do my standard crunches (40-30-20) and elevated push-ups (20) each day, but I've added things like dips, this strange wall exercise where you hang your body off of it and move across only on your hands, dive-bomber push-ups, things like that. It's not vaulting, but it keeps me in shape.

QM:
This actually irritates my knee somehow, not sure why. As a result, I keep it pretty slow. Still doing it on the library ramp wall though, adds balance into the training.

Tic-tacs (horizontal wall run):
Attempted these, and trained these, for the first time today. I now regret it because they put a lot more stress on my knee than I thought they would, so it hurts again. It was still fun though, and I'm certain that once I've recovered I can have it down decently in a month tops. The hard part is figuring out how my feet need to be situated so the left foot can actually step on the wall and contribute instead of just slapping it. I think if I bend in the right leg more and quickly put down the left foot it should work better.

Cat Walk:
I left the Vibrams off today for the sake of babying my legs and feet, but it made the cat walk harder. My Filas don't have the grip on the rail my Vibrams do, and while I still made it up the rail I also fell twice (which I have never done on the Morrison railing before). This is definitely no good, and I'll have to continue training in the Filas to fix it. An observation: Rails are easier in the Vibrams, walls are easier in the Filas.

No comments:

Post a Comment