Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Training Log: September 16, 2009

Jesus, I really need to stop slacking off on this. What can I say? Life's very busy and writing this thing actually takes a fair amount of time. I'm not training any less, I'm just not posting about it.

Training today included:

- Rolls
- Kong Vaults
- Speed Vaults
- Precisions
- Landings
- Wall Runs
- QM
- Lazy Vaults
- General Conditioning

Rolls:
They hurt. Still. I dunno.

Kong Vaults:
Doing these legitimately with a two foot punch over chest high walls, and can do a two handed vault (swinging legs to the side) over shoulder high walls! Just need to work on it and that'll be between my arms too. Big news, that's a height record for me. Considering I've never konged anything higher than a picnic table before, I'm really proud.

Speed Vaults:
Still just doing these over the low walls. Seriously, that ramp structure at the MCAD library is ridiculously useful. 80% of my training today took place there. Since it's right in front of the main entrance I'm sure people think I'm showing off (took my shirt off for the first time at MCAD today, doubt that helped), but it's so useful I can't care. It's perfect.

Precisions:
Just across the blocks on the MIA.

Landings:
Down 4 steps, nothing serious.

Wall Runs:
Messed up my elbow on the top out for the tall wall. I really just need to work on the high ones more without getting to the top.

QM:
I'm loving a new routine...again at the ramp... monkey vault onto the wall, QM down the whole thing. Great exercise for coordination, balance, and strength.

Lazy Vaults:
Back over the wall after each vault.

General Conditioning:
Elevated push-ups and running.

1 comment:

  1. People probably think you're showing off until you do QM... after that they probably just think you're crazy.

    ReplyDelete