Monday, August 31, 2009

Training Log: August 31, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Landings
-360° Underbar
-Precisions
-Kongs

Biking:
Knee rehab.

1" Wall Walk:
Still went pretty quickly, even though I'm in the Vibrams again. The trick is to step exactly in the middle of the foot so my heel makes full contact and my outside toes can grip the wall.

1" Cat Walk:
I didn't even blue line it tonight, my shoulder couldn't take it.

Landings:
10 off the bench, 5 off the purple platform.

360° Underbar:
10 from a stand-still, 10 at a walk. Pretty easy, I just have to make sure I'm not losing my form. I feel like I'm not turning enough before I bring my legs through. As long as I'm making it I should be happy, form can improve later, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Precisions:
10 from the purple platform to the 6" Beam. I've gotten worse since before, but I've got three days with no training so it's understandable.

Kongs:
Worked on getting over the long end of the table today. Closest I got was 3" from the edge at a jog. That tells me at full sprint, I could clear it. Problem is, going full sprint at that thing would be effing terrifying. It's scary just jogging at it. I'll keep working at it each day, just like I did the first time I ever made it over the short way. Someday soon, that table will be completely conquered.

General Notes:
Took three days off to let my body heal up. Bum knee, bum shoulder, two bum shins, a bruised toe...not okay. As of now the toe is good enough to let me wear the Vibrams again. The knee is...well not great, but it doesn't hurt as much as it did? The shoulder's definitely not okay...but it only hurts with some pretty specific motions. Like push-ups. Really anything my arms have to push down on (but it doesn't hurt with the Kongs?). I believe the left shin is bruised on the muscle, it hurts a little when tensed. The other shin was injured farther up, so that's not caused any problems. It hasn't even hurt at all, I'm just assuming it's not healed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment