Saturday, June 13, 2009

Training Log: June 10-13, 2009

Training the last 4 days has included:
- Breaking in the Vibram Five Fingers
- Making a critique video to post on americanparkour.com
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Catwalk
- Edge Grabs
- Kong Vaults
- Lazy Vaults
- Speed Vaults
- Standard Landings
- Rolls

Vibram Five Fingers:
INSERT INFOMERCIAL
They're awesome. Running barefoot minus pain from various ground objects. Toes equal great grip. I'll leave it at that.

Critique Video:
I've gotten a lot of good responses from this. It's helped me fix my standard landing and improve my kong vault. We'll see if I can deal with the roll advice, it's been really strange and painful trying to "correct" it.

1" Wall Walk:
Same as it's been, just steadily improving. Nothing drastic.

1" Cat Walk:
I'm getting to go farther and farther. I don't fall off anymore, I simply choose to get off because it hurts so bad. But burns so good.

Edge Grabs:
Easier still. The next step will be not only pulling up to my chin, but getting my chest (and waist?) above it.

Kong Vaults:
I've been practicing them over the last four days, but I drilled the everliving shit out of them today using the advice given to me by those who watched the critique video. I now grip the edge of the table on the way out since a suggestion fixed my split-foot take-off, and I come out straight up instead of bent over. I'll have to keep at it.

Lazy Vaults:
These also continue to get easier. Apparently I have impressive height on these (say commentators from the critique video), I guess I can chaulk that up to not having a lower wall to practice on, lol. They're getting faster, which is great.

Speed Vaults:
I got advice on these, but didn't get to try it out yet. I just put it on here because I filmed it, so they were practiced a little.

Standard Landings:
Fixed an issue where I was bending my legs before even having impact. I dunno how else I can improve on these.

Rolls:
Critique I got said I should be coming out of the roll with my right foot out. Well, I tried this tonight, and it destroyed my left hip. I'll keep trying it to see what happens, but so far it's not going so hot. Other people said it was a good roll, so I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment