Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Training Log: June 3, 2009

Training today included:
- Bike Riding
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Cat Walk
- Lazy Vault
- Kong Vault
- Dash Vault
- Cement Grabs
- String

Bike Riding:
Leg therapy.

1" Wall Walk:
Even faster than yesterday.

1" Cat Walk:
Went farther, it's getting easier to balance. It still does a number on the forearms, triceps, and gluts though. Seriously. Lots of burn.

Lazy Vault:
No improvement. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm almost there now, I just need to get rid of the foot tap. Funny thing is, I'm tapping the foot that traceurs usually don't. I think I might need to rotate my hips more?

Kong Vault:
It's so weird to think it was only three days ago I made my first one. Now, I barely think about it. There's definitely still plenty of room to improve, but my basics are solid. I'm almost as comfortable with it as my speed vault. Maybe I'll try it over a different surface tomorrow, like a rail.

Dash Vault:
Today was my first attempt at this over a real obstacle, and I used the tutorial linked to on this blog. I dunno what's going on, but I think this one will take even longer than the Kong. There's no fear issue here, it's just technique. I guess I can't wrap my head around what exactly is supposed to happen. Safe to say I couldn't get past step one, I kept overshooting the table. Maybe that's a good thing and I should just go to step 2? I dunno. The problem may be that I'm just getting too much air, in which case it has to be corrected before I continue or I'll really eff up my wrists.

Cement Grabs:
Just momentum grabs today. I noticed that when I do these at the end of training, my two foot punch is terrible. It should be a skip-to-forefoot, but my feet come flat. Honestly I'd rather my vault take-offs were better anyway. My hands aren't doing so hot though, I may have to give them a day or two to recuperate. I think the corner can go without drinking my blood for a bit.

String:
Strung together a Kong, some weird inefficient vault I made to get over tall objects until I can kong them, and a lazy. It's really tiring, but again, it feels good to put things together. I jammed my toe when I botched the weird vault, but it should be okay by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment