Sunday, June 28, 2009

Training Log: June 27, 2009

Training yesterday included:

- Biking
- Matt and John
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Cat Walk
- Lazy Vaults
- Kong Vaults
- Rolls
- Wall Runs
- Speed Vaults
- QM
- Landings

Biking:

Uh huh.

Matt and John:

Day 5 for Matt, day 2 for John. Taking them both out again today. Their enthusiasm is awesome, really fun to see. I'm starting to think I may have put them at a disadvantage on my rush to get them interested though... I mean, when I started training all I did were precisions, rolls, landings, and small speed vaults for a month and a half. Granted, it wasn't daily or nearly as intense as now, but it still got me conditioned for Parkour. I had enough coordination that I was ready to move on to the other vaults instead of just introduced to them. I think I need to be stressing the landings/rolls a lot more.

1" Wall Walk:
I'm back to how I was a few weeks ago, moving at a really nice pace across the wall again. Jogging soon? Maybe?

1" Cat Walk:
Another personal record! Red striped it. Then I did it up and down a small sloped railing. These are getting a lot faster for me too, even in the higher winds it wasn't bad at all. The next step needs to consist of two parts; making it to the end of the wall, and doing it up a more sharply sloped and longer rail.

Lazy Vault:
I no longer need to run anymore, and when I do am able to do it at a full run. Working on limb control has made it ridiculously easy. Just need to keep drilling them until they're as easy as my speed vault. Nearly one more in the permanent arsenal!

Kong Vault:
We went to a different park later in the day, so I know I can do it on higher objects now. But I didn't make it over. Then again, the table was taller and longer than the picnic table so I don't feel terrible. The next step is to increase my dive even more.

Rolls:

No pain on the practice rolls. A few more days and a few more hours, it should be muscle memory. Concrete soon? I think so.

Wall Runs:

I need to find something higher that's not keystone. That is all.

Speed Vaults:

I found out today I can speed vault an armpit high fence. That's good enough for me, just need to keep drilling it. (UPGRADE COMPLETE)

QM:

Introduced Matt and John to this, as well as doing what's really my first exercise in it. It feels awkward now, as Parkour can, but it's really important (especially for them) to do it. It teaches them to move their arms and legs together, and to be aware of their positioning. Nothing will help them more in vaulting (or Parkour in general!) than this.

Landings:

Tried them on asphalt again from a four foot drop. No problem.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't the cat walk be more difficult on something slanted down?
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would indeed, but going up is still harder than a level fence.

    ReplyDelete