Sunday, June 21, 2009

Training Log: June 21, 2009

Training today included:
- Biking
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Cat Walk
- Rolls
- Kong Vaults
- Lazy Vaults
- Precisions
- Dash Vaults

Biking:
It happened.

1" Wall Walk:
Today was my first day training in adverse conditions. High wind and drizzle. I still made it to the end.

1" Cat Walk:
Didn't do so hot on this one, all it took was one strong gust and I was off the wall.

Rolls:
Still hitting my hip bone, I forgot to watch some tutorials before going out.

Kong Vaults:
I didn't attempt the length of the table today, I'll try that next time. I say next time instead of tomorrow because of injuries I'll go over later.

Lazy Vaults:
These are fine as long as I remember to direct most of my momentum up, and not forward. It feels good to have diagnosed my problem whenever I do miss it.

Precisions:
I attempted to land on top of the wall on multiple occasions to work up to the dash vault. I only managed to stay on once, but I landed on it several times.

Dash Vaults:
First one I tried, I missed. Bad. Slammed my right shin into the top of the wall. I managed to get my left foot up onto it, and somehow worked myself into a standard landing on the other side. I was infuriated considering I did it yesterday, and made it on top of the wall a bunch of times earlier in the training. It just put me in a terrible mood that resulted in missed lazy vaults, botched precisions, and more injuries. Now I have two banged up shins, the ball of my right foot is bruised again, my left ankle is a little hurt, and my left arm muscles got pulled. I'll be taking a day off tomorrow, as much as I hate to.

Lesson:
I perform better after giving some cooldown time. Despite my injuries, I let myself cool off for 5 minutes and attempted another decent lazy vault, and landed on the wall a few more times. Parkour is easier when clear of mind, calm, and confident. I will strive to be this way at all times, in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment