Saturday, June 20, 2009

Training Log: June 20, 2009

Training today included:
- Biking
- Training with Matt and Derek
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Cat Walk
- Landings
- Rolls
- Lazy Vault
- Dash Vault
- Kong Vault
- Speed Vault
- Ledge Grabs

Biking:
Pumped my tires today. It was better.

Matt and Derek:
Still a lot of fun. I owe my ability to do a dash vault to them, details later.

1" Wall Walk:
I actually fell off today. Very disappointing. I'll keep working at it though.

1" Cat Walk:
Getting better! Personal record today, by a long shot. Soon I'll make it to the end.

Landings:
They're getting quieter, which means I have better control. Sweet.

Rolls:
I'm hitting my hip bone, I just need to work on my exit angle. I think it's in a really bad spot, I have a feeling I'll either need to roll dangerously close to incorrectly or almost 90° to get it right. We'll see, I'll watch a couple more tutorials.

Lazy Vault:
Easier and easier. Not much else to say there.

Dash Vault:
This started with Matt messing around during Lazy drills, but he tried to jump onto and over the wall running straight on. He got it a whole bunch of times, but I couldn't get him to just clear it. I figured, if you can get both feet up, you should be able to get both feet past. Then he would have accomplished the dash before me. Then Derek gave it a try, he made it over touching the top. It just seemed so damn *high* to take straight on. But I tried jumping onto it a few times, and I could get myself to try it without a fence to grab onto. After some encouragement, I managed to get on top with both feet. Then I just...did it. I mean, I can't exactly tell Matt if he can get his feet up he can clear it, and then not do it myself. I made it over a couple times, I just need to improve my form now.

Kong Vault:
I'm hitting the edge of the table with my hands every time now. It may be time to attempt the length of it O_O Scary.

Speed Vault:
Did it over an easier obstacle today, really just felt like a waste. We didn't do them long.

Ledge Grabs:
Attempted to get on top of it this time. I got my elbows up, I'll try even harder next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment