Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Training Log: June 2, 2009

Training today included:
- Bike Riding
- Cement Grabs
- Kong Vaults
- 1" Wall Walk
- 1" Cat Walk
- Lazy Vault

Bike Riding:
Leg conditioning. I may have hurt my knee a little bit today, so this will continue to be important.

Cement Grabs:
These are getting easier, and I'm less apprehensive while doing them. Today's included pull-ups, and momentum grabs. My hands are starting to develop the calluses I need to do them painlessly. I've got one spot on my left palm that continues to tear open during these, I think it'll be okay if I put a Band-Aid on it before training tomorrow. Hydrogen Peroxide is my best friend right now though. It burns really bad, but it sure as hell gets rid of possible infection.

Kong Vaults:
I did a ridiculous amount of these today. I'm definitely getting better, I would even consider 1 or 2 of them to have been perfect. It's strange when you get it exactly right, it feels so natural. Like there's absolutely no reason why you've had to try at all to do it. And yet you do... I dunno, like I said, strange. Anyway, I have to work on getting my legs and butt in the air more for a steeper dive and more distance. I've found this also helps ensure my legs come straight down through my arms on the finish instead of slightly to the side.

1" Wall Walk:
Even faster today. I'm confident that with about a month more training this each day, I might even be able to jog it.

1" Cat Walk:
Same wall as the wall walk. These are still really hard, but I'm getting better. I think it's easier once my body is uncoiled, and longer across the wall. I'll be testing that further.

Lazy Vault:
It's strange, when I'm practicing the approach, I have almost no trouble getting plenty of air to go over the tall wall (as it turns out, there's not a smaller one to practice on nearby >.>). Even so, when I try the actual vault I still have to toe tap most of the time. I think I only executed one today without it. Granted, it is a very tall wall, and if I can master this one then very few things should be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment