Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Training Log: June 17, 2009

Training today included:
- Biking
- 1" Wall Balance
- 1" Cat Walk
- Rolls
- Kong Vault
- Lazy Vault
- Speed Vault
- QM

Biking:
My tires are kinda flat. What? What else would I talk about?

1" Wall Balance:
It was easy to tell not doing this for 2 days because of rain and family activities made me a little rusty. I didn't fall off, still made it to the end, but I was pretty shaky.

1" Cat Walk:
Made it to the blue line today before I couldn't take it anymore, I'll try and push myself further tomorrow. It's good to be at the point where if I fall off, it's pseudo-voluntary.

Rolls:
Worked on making my right foot be in front, coming up on my left first. I finally got it right today, and for the first time I felt almost nothing on my roll. I drilled it for about 15 minutes, I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Kong Vaults:
I really just need to get more speed on these now, and make sure my dive is getting my hands to the end of the table so I can grip it every time. I think a combination of speed and a less lazy take-off should accomplish this.

Lazy Vault:
First one today was perfect and effortless. After that I grazed my butt across the top of the wall a few times, but nothing terrible. These will only get better over time, but I realized speed makes it easier to get over.

Speed Vault:
Practiced these over the baseball benches again, making my take-offs earlier. I think I might be killing my momentum before the leap though, after looking at my tracks in the sand it looked like the sand was piled in front of my foot instead of behind. I'll investigate this further tomorrow. I worked through this on the Kong, doing it on the Speed should be cake.

QM:
I did this very briefly today over the picnic table a couple times. Vaults look kind of cool to onlookers, but running around on all fours really just makes me look like a raving lunatic. Next time Matt and Derek come, I'm thinking about having us stay in QM as long as possible while working on rolls (it won't look so bad with 3 people doing it). It'll really hurt though, so we'll see how long we'll be able to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment