Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Training Log: July 14, 2009

Training yesterday included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-1.5lb Vaults
-Kong-to-Speed Rotations
-Traveling Kong
-6" Beam Run
-360° Underbar
-Rolls
-General Conditioning

Biking:
It gets harder the more shit I throw into my backpack. Go figure.

1" Wall Walk:
Ridiculously windy day. Still made it to the end, but I took my time.

1" Cat Walk:
Farther than the blue line, shorter than the red.

1.5lb Vaults:
10 Kongs, 10 Speeds, 10 Lazies. Still really hard, still really good. I'll definitely be doing these everyday. It forces me to perfect my vault technique, because if I don't do it right my legs will clip. I'll keep it at 1.5lbs for now, but I think I can put enough weights in to do 5lbs per ankle? Plenty of room to improve.

Kong-to-Speed Rotations:
Another personal record, 9. I've decided the goal is to try and do one better than the day before every day. These destroy me though, so I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Traveling Kong:
New vault! It's easy. Nailed on first attempt, though admittedly learning the Kong Vault first is what made it so simple. I'll keep practicing these just because they're new and fun.

6" Beam Run:
It happened. I'm never going to keep track of how many times I run around it, I'll just go until I'm tired.

360° Underbar:
This was a weak attempt, and I'm supposed to start these at a low position instead of high. I had watched a tutorial video earlier for it, just decided to give it a try. A lower railing some other time, perhaps.

Rolls:
I feel like they're getting worse again. I'm going to try and do nothing but concrete until I get it right. Man that's gonna hurt.

General Conditioning:
Table push-ups, pull-ups with hands both ways, crunches, blah blah blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment