Sunday, July 19, 2009

Training Log: July 19, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-1.5lb Vaults
-Lazy Vaults
-Kong-to-Speed Rotations
-Traveling Kongs
-6" Beam Run
-General Conditioning
-Rolls

Biking:

I really need to get my tires pumped to full. This can't be good for my bike.

1" Wall Walk:
Some kids were playing baseball in the rink, so I told them to just keep playing and that if I got hit by their ball it was, "my own dumb fault." They said okay, and then stopped playing once I started the walk. The conversation went something like this to begin with:
Kid1: "How's he doing that?"
Kid2: "Special shoes."
Me: "Nope, just tennis shoes."
Kid1: "You in gymnastics?"
Me: "Haha, nope."
Later questions following vaults included:
"Are you going into the Army?" "Are you training for football?" Eventually I just told them it was Parkour, and gave them my two hand-outs. Which the 3 of them then fought over. Good times.

1" Cat Walk:
I actually fell off today. Sticking with my goals, even though I fell off just a few beams before the blue line, I forced myself to start over and go to the blue line again. Really, really painful.

1.5lb Vaults:

Really easy today. Maybe I just can't take a day off from them?

Lazy Vaults:
Full sprint now. I need to remember to start trying these left footed, I mention it all the time here and continually forget.

Kong-to-Speed Rotations:
I only got 8 today. I'm not sure why, maybe it was the heat? Who knows, but I punished myself for not getting to 12 by doing 8 more afterward. I tried to make myself do yet another 8, but I only managed 4. Sad face. Anyway, I've decided that will be the norm now. Every time I fail to make a PR, I have to do a second set of however many I made it to.

Traveling Kongs:
Still easy, still strange.

6" Beam Run:
Yep.

General Conditioning:
Cooelle.

Rolls:
Completed 5 today with zero pain or impact! Excellent, excellent news. Hopefully it'll be the same case tomorrow. It's just taking more concentration now that the other parts are muscle memory. I need to make sure I roll over my right arm instead of collapsing it, and tuck my legs tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment