Thursday, July 30, 2009

Training Log: July 30, 2009

Video link from yesterday's taping here (thanks for manning the camera Laura!):


Training today included:

-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-2lb Vaults
-Sprint Vaults
-Hell Passes
-Traveling Kongs
-6" Beam Run
-Rolls
-Landings
-General Conditioning

1" Wall Walk:
Picking the speed back up to how it was before. I dunno why I was slowing down.

1" Cat Walk:

I failed at making the red line today, 2 posts away. My muscles just couldn't take it anymore, perhaps that's the result of not really doing them for four days straight? I could barely do it yesterday too. Guess I'll be building back up.

2lb Vaults:

10 Speeds, 10 Kongs, 10 Lazies. Still easy, but they're harder in the Vibrams. I've found the weight band digs into the top of my feet. I'm just going to deal with the pain because I don't really feel it while doing vaults, but I have to keep the abrasions in mind. 2lbs also puts a lot more pressure on the vault landings, and it's causing me to land differently. I'm sure this will fix itself as I adjust to the weight more, but it's another thing to watch.

Sprint Vaults:

5 Lazies, 5 Speeds, 5 Kongs. I'm more prone to stutter-stepping with the additional speed, I'm going to need to iron that out.

Hell Passes:
Made 20 today to make up for the last few days. Excluding time at the cabin, it's where I should have been. And then I did 5 more after a rest just for good measure, because I felt like I might have been doing them a little too slowly. I still never stopped moving, but I know I could have gone faster.

6" Beam Run:
Happened. These are getting increasingly faster and easier. I've found if I don't lift my feet so much in the run and turn it more into a glide, it's easier.

Rolls:
These are getting better. Keep the legs tucked, roll over the shoulder, and stay tucked for longer than it feels like I should. The momentum carries so much better and allows me to use my hands on the roll-out. I feel like the rolls are much improved by running and jumping off the table, the speed forces me into good form.

Landings:
I know it's been a long time since I drilled these, but I felt like I should still continue. Just did ten jumps in the air, landing as quietly as possible. It's a hell of a workout too.

General Conditioning:

10 pull ups palms away, 8 pull ups palm towards me, 20 push-ups with feet on the table bench, 40-30-20 crunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment