Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Training Log: July 7, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Kong Vaults
-Kong-to-Speed Rotations
-Lazy Vaults
-6" Beam Run
-Rolls
-Wall Climb
-General Conditioning

Biking:
Pumped tires are great.

1" Wall Walk:

Still easy, even bending down to close and lock the gate someone left open before continuing on my way.

1" Cat Walk:

Spider caused me to fall off right before the blue line, so I got off and got to the blue line again. No progress, but I did essentially do it twice.

Kong Vaults:

I was in two locations today, the first was Cherry View Park where I just did these over picnic tables. Those are almost getting lazy now. The second, and much more exciting, was at Aaronson where I konged my first non-table; several boulders. I got to test my vaults at differing heights and distances, one of which was longer than the normal picnic table width. Rocks with no give are a completely different feeling, but a good one. Next step is a small target vault, like a rail.

Kong-to-Speed Rotations:

Still can only do 5 before I feel like dying. I'll push it for one more tomorrow. Considering both Kongs and Speeds are cake now, this shouldn't be a problem.

Lazy Vaults:
They're lazy. And easy.

6" Beam Run:
I still can't take these at a dead run, but I can do a fast jog.

Rolls:

Something bad happened to these, because I had no impact before but a little pulled muscle. Now I have impact on my shoulder and hip. No good. More video watching, here I come.

Wall Climb:
Climbed a pillar above a Korean War fighter twice. Relaxing, easy.

General Conditioning:
Raised leg push-ups, hanging sit-ups, assisted one arm push-ups, just a bunch of random stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment