Thursday, July 16, 2009

Training Log: July 16, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-Cat Walks
-Kong Vaults
-Speed Vaults
-Lazy Vaults
-Cat Leaps
-QM
-General Conditioning

Biking:

The wind sucks. A lot.

1" Wall Walk:

The wind still sucks. A lot. But I didn't fall.

Cat Walks:

Did these at both Cherry View Park and Lake Nakomis. At CVP I got between the blue and red line. At Nakomis I cat walked my first bridge and up a slanted, slim, rounded railing a fair distance. Great practice.

Kong Vaults:

I did picnic tables at CVP as usual. At the North Park-esque place Matt, Laura, and I went to I konged tables wider and taller than the ones at CVP (which was really scary, and really fun). At Nakomis I konged a few benches.

Speed Vaults:
All the same objects I did with the kongs, plus a few rails. I also did a few of these with my backpack on, which is a ton of extra work. I barely cleared each time I did it, and over railings I would normally have no problems with.

Lazy Vaults:
CVP and the North Park-esque place. Easy. Wewt.

Cat Leaps:

Had a ton of fun with these at...I'll just call it NPE. NPN? North Park North? NPN it is. Jumped from tier to tier of railings as quickly as possible, easily the most entertaining part of our time there in addition to the new kong vaults. Ripped up my hand (I had to stifle a scream with the peroxide this evening it hurt so bad. Then again, that'll happen when I'm a moron and do QM through the dirt with an open wound).

QM:

It was short, but it was done.

General Conditioning:

Went up stairs backward and forward in QM, some slanted rail arm only climbs, push-ups, pull-ups, crunches...yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment