Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Training Log: July 1, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Kong-to-Speed Rotations
-Lazy Vault
-Traceur Vision

Biking:

First time in a few days, I think my tires are flat again. I don't know when the last time is they were completely full which is terrible for the bike, I should really look into that. On the other hand, it's a much better work-out, haha.

1" Wall Walk:

Still solid, just need to get even faster.

1" Cat Walk:

Acceptable. A little after the blue line. Not a personal record, but acceptable.

Kong-to-Speed Rotations:

I can do 5 in a row before I feel like dying (that's 5 Kongs and 5 Speed vaults every other vault). I did 5 repetitions of it. The great news is, I can do Kongs with minimal speed now just fine and I did it off the more stable slippery table this time. I can feel my vaults deteriorate with each pass though, muscle fatigue definitely kicks in. I still clear the object but get closer and closer to clipping my feet. It starts to take a lot more willpower and concentration.

Lazy Vault:

Still clearing just fine, but for some reason my left hand plant on the follow-through always pulls my shoulder muscle. I don't think I'm doing anything too strange with it, so it doesn't make sense to me. I stretch before I even do the wall walk, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll just have to pay closer attention to what I'm doing next time.

Traceur Vision:

I didn't do as much of this today, as my palm is not completely healed yet. The last thing I need is to send another wood chip deeper into the cut already there. I could wear my biking gloves to do it, but that just seems ridiculous. Band-Aids tend to come off mid cat-walk. I think I might be able to put this to use more in a different environment too.

Other Notes:

Going to the cabin tomorrow. This means no training log updates until Monday with an exception of a possible log tomorrow. Hopefully I can find some good spots up north aside from wall running up and jumping off the tiers to the beach. We're probably going into town on the 4th, that could provide some interesting opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment