Friday, August 7, 2009

Pseudo Training: August 5-6, 2009

Pseudo training consisted of a few things over the past two days. First Matt and I went to North Park, where we actually drilled lazy vaults pretty hard. Then we lined up some picnic tables and started to chain vault when I noticed the kids from last time we went. I asked them if they wanted to come train, they said yes, so we showed each other what we were capable of. As it turned out, none of them had done any kind of formal training but sounded sincerely interested. So, we ended up teaching them a new kong take-off, speed vaults, and proper rolls. Then I directed them to americanparkour.com, we'll see if it was any help next time we go. Ended it with hell passes, got my 25.

Yesterday we went to Minneapolis to get Matt some Vibrams and just ended up messing around downtown. Parked at MCAD, did a little bit there, then walked into the business district to find the pipe organ. Prognosis? Effing. Awesome. I got a personal record wall run in, and there's just a lot of stuff to train on. Railings, stairs, walls, sculpture...soooo cool. Now I want to get my rolls down more than ever, because it definitely stopped me from doing a few things.

Right now it's raining out, which I thought was a great opportunity until I saw that it was 62° outside. I'll pass on hypothermia. The temp usually peaks at around 3 though, so if it's 68° or warmer I'm definitely training in the pouring rain.

2 comments:

  1. S'when you jump...up...'s high 's you can, 'n' do 3 flips, lan on yo back, 'n' murhurmahurm. You heard trampeze? I was a trampeze.

    ReplyDelete