Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Training Log: August 11, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Lazy Vaults
-Kong Vaults

Biking:
To North Park.

1" Wall Walk:
Happened.

1" Cat Walk:
Also happened. I dunno, there's not really any way to mark progress at North Park. Next time we go I'm going to put together an actual routine for the place so we're not aimlessly doing things.

Lazy Vaults:
These are still good to practice there. Going back and forth over railings that increase in height is excellent practice. Got a record left footed height today, which felt great. They're getting much, much easier.

Kong Vaults:
I steadily increased my dive distance at these. I gained an additional... 1.5-2'? I don't really know. I'll have to bring a ruler with to measure next time.

Overall this session just put a bad taste in my mouth, I don't know why. Maybe it's because when the kids joined us they weren't taking it seriously enough? For instance, one of them I was trying to teach the Kong because he really wanted to know how. Instead of following directions, he just skipped steps. Then they started taking really high drops and making it sound like a stunt show. It's not that Parkour and Freerunning isn't about fun...in the end I think that's a big part of it aside from the physical benefits. But if you don't take it seriously there are going to be bad injuries...

No comments:

Post a Comment