Sunday, August 23, 2009

Training Log: August 23, 2009

Training Log:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Rolls
-Landings
-360° Underbars
-6" Beam Run
-General Conditioning
-Precisions

Biking:

1" Wall Walk:

1" Cat Walk:

Rolls:
20 of them, I think they're improving from before. 20 every day and I should improve quickly.

Landings:
10 off the bench, 5 off the purple things. They are definitely getting quieter, and I'm gaining a lot more control.

360° Underbars:
I don't know why these are so difficult for me. I can make it, but they're really close. I assume they'll get better over time, as everything has, but the beginning stage is still kind of nerve-wracking considering I bruised my ass-cheeks on day one.

6" Beam Run:

General Conditioning:
15 Dive-bombers, 2 Hindus, 10 palm away, 6 palm forward

Precisions:
10 from the purple things to the 6" beam. I won't do them back the other direction until the shins are healed again.

General Note:
It seems like every other day now someone asks me what I'm training for. It feels really good to have people's first impressions of Parkour be safe ones. What I'm doing isn't how the media or YoutTube tends to portray it. It's not some extreme, cocky show, it's dedicated training involving balance and coordination and a friendly/approachable face. It's how it should be. Side note: I'm angry I forgot to do the wall squats. Those are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment