Thursday, August 27, 2009

Training Log: August 27, 2009

Training today included:

-Wall Runs
-Traceur Vision
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Rolls
-Landings
-Top Outs
-6" Beam Run
-1" Wall Squats
-General Conditioning

Wall Runs:
They're getting much easier, more fluid with each attempt.

Traceur Vision:
Just ran around MCAD and the MIA garden doing stuff. Did some precisions in front of the Target wing, konged a few tables, monkey vaulted onto a terrace or two, pop vaulted off of benches onto walls, lazy vaults on top of walls, etc.

!" Wall Walk:

1" Cat Walk:
I blue lined it today. I'm not disappointed though, MCAD left me really tired.

Rolls:
20 again. The rolls are smoother when I place my hands closer to my feet and push off. Again, I think they're improving.

Landings:
10 off the bench, 5 off the purple landings.

Top Outs:
Did it at MCAD and on the 1" Wall. I don't know why the rink wall is so much more difficult. Maybe it's because I can't use my fingertips on the wall and have to grip it instead.

6" Beam Runs:
Don't know how many laps I did for these, but I did it for quite awhile. Maybe 6? I don't know.

1" Wall Squats:
10, again I only had to touch the pole for balance once.

General Conditioning:
20 dive-bombers, non-stop. Three days of not doing it seemed to improve my muscles. 40-30-20 crunches.

General Notes:
I was unable to come up with a working routine for MCAD. With more time I might be able to come up with something...with getting more comfortable I might be able to come up with something. I could have done rolls there, but would have looked ridiculous. I could have done QM on the 12" wall in the MIA garden and on the library ramp, but I would have looked ridiculous. I could have done my general conditioning, but I would have looked ridiculous. I don't know why I feel that way about training on campus, but have no qualms with doing it at CVP. Maybe it's just because I've trained there for four months, who knows? I sent an email to the person in charge of clubs yesterday about getting MCAD Parkour started, I have yet to get a response. I've even drafted a disclaimer and agreement for members to sign, I'm really serious about getting this going.

No comments:

Post a Comment