Thursday, August 20, 2009

Training Log: August 20, 2009

Training today included:



-DOWNPOUR TRAINING
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Landings
-360° Underbar
-6" Beam Run
-Top Outs
-General Conditioning
-Wall Squats

Downpour Training:
It's everything I thought it would be and more. Unfortunately as of yesterday I swore to give me knee time to recover, which means no vaulting for awhile. Over the past month or so I've found that when my knee stays bent for long periods of time, it hurts to straighten it. That's not okay. So I didn't get to vault in the rain today, but everything else was a lot of fun.

1" Wall Walk:
Quick and easy.

1" Cat Walk
Equally quick and easy.

Landings:
10 of them off the bench. Getting quieter. Then again, it could have been the sound of POURING RAIN MUFFLING IT.

360° Underbar:
Just worked on getting my leg up a whole bunch of times.

6" Beam Run:
Ran a few laps.

Top Outs:
13 of them over the rink wall. Getting smoother, I'm excited to try it on a real wall.

General Conditioning:
10 Dive-bomb push-ups, 7 Hindu push-ups, 10 palm away pull ups, 3 palms toward pull ups.

Wall Squats:
These made me feel ridiculously cool in the rain. It's balancing on the wall and doing squats without falling over. I managed 10 with a few post touches to keep me on, fell off once.

No comments:

Post a Comment