Monday, August 3, 2009

Training Log: August 3, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Rolls
-2lb Vaults
-Sprint Vaults
-Hell Pass
-6" Beam Run
-General Conditioning
-Landings

Biking:
On the way back from the park today, I attempted what I recently read in an article and screamed at the top of my lungs 10 seconds prior to physical exertion. It's supposed to make your performance peak by creating stress and initiating part of the fight or flight response. I dunno if it actually worked, but I did make it up the hill faster.

1" Wall Walk:
This was much faster with shoes on instead of Vibrams.

1" Cat Walk:
These were also faster. Also, and this is off topic, but we were doing underbars for a short while today and now my butt cheeks are bruised. Sitting right now hurts T_T

Rolls:
I found that keeping my left leg at a 90° angle and rolling on the blade of my foot instead of the heel results in a smoother, faster roll. I'll have to watch out for knee impact, but I believe I can avoid it if I stiffen my foot.

2lb Vaults:
10 Kongs, 10 Speeds, 10 Lazies. It's more the socks that stop the pain than wearing shoes, but seeing as I have no socks for the Vibrams (and I won't) I'll just stick with the shoes. Attempted a variation (or rather, the correct way) of the kong split-foot take-off today, keeping the hop minimal and low to the ground. Momentum was retained much better, and a lot more height was gained.

Sprint Vaults:
5 Kongs, 5 Speeds, 5 Lazies.

Hell Pass:
I did 22 today, and didn't feel like dying. Could it be because I gave my body a day to rest? Perhaps. That said, I probably won't feel so great tomorrow.

6" Beam Run:
Happened.

General Conditioning:
10 palm forward pull-ups, 5 palm away pull-ups, 20 push-ups with feet on an elevated surface, 40-30-20 crunches.

Landings:
Did these on the 6" Beams to help with precisions, landing as quietly as possible after a full tuck. Really challenging work.

No comments:

Post a Comment