Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Training Log: August 25, 2009

Training today included:

-Top Outs
-Wall Runs
-Rolls

Top Outs:
It was good to find out I can now easily get on top of the thick walls with no hesitation. On the smaller ones, I don't even stop to get a foot on it. I just jump over after the first tac.

Wall Runs:
These took up the majority of my time. I'm starting with the smaller ones for now, small being between 7'-9', and ramping myself up for the big guy at the top of the stairs on Morrison. After getting up, I had to get down again. That's where the

Rolls:
came in. The grass at MCAD is really, really soft though. As a result I had no pain, but I don't know how good the roll was either, lol.

General Note:
I've really only got 45 minutes for training on school days. That's a really short amount of time. I was right, it does feel really awkward training with all those people around. I feel like they'll get the wrong impression, as if I were trying to show off. Especially when I'm running up the same wall they just took the stairs or ramp to get to the top of. Then I have to go to class all hot and sweaty. I remembered a change of clothes, and I'll be bringing deodorant with me, but it still feels pretty gross. Part of it was definitely the heat, 'cause I didn't want to take my shirt off. If that wouldn't solidify the "show off" feeling, I don't know what would have. The thing is, doing kongs (vaults period, really) over and over doesn't have that feeling. It just seems like you're drilling movement. But drilling wall-runs is...I dunno, a little more showy? Same with cat walks. I'm sure I'll adjust, especially because I have a friend here who used to do Parkour and I'm trying to get to train during that time slot. If he joins in, I won't feel so awkward. Time will tell. Tomorrow I go to the MIA garden and see what can be done there in addition to MCAD's main area.

No comments:

Post a Comment