Monday, August 24, 2009

Training Log: August 24, 2009

Training today included:

-Biking
-1" Wall Walk
-1" Cat Walk
-Rolls
-360° Underbars
-Landings
-6" Beam Run
-Precisions
-General Conditioning
-1" Wall Squats

Biking:
Flat tires still. I really need to get on that and inflate them properly.

1" Wall Walk:
I've been babying myself, it's going to be rough when I switch back to the Vibrams.

1" Cat Walk:
Red line, as usual. It still takes so much out of me it's ridiculous. Someday I'll make it to the end of that damn wall.

Rolls:
20 of them. I think I have to exit at 90° to avoid hitting my hip bone, more practice will tell. If so, it really sucks. It's better to lose some momentum and have to work harder than to destroy my bones, but it's still a slight disadvantage. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

360° Underbars:
Turns out I just had to use my arms more. Getting through at a stand-still is easy now, just need to work on momentum fear.

Landings:
I'm really pleased with my progress on these. I can feel how much more control I have than I did even a week ago. I can only imagine what it will be like doing these every day for a month.

6" Beam Run:
I went for a long time today. Dunno how many laps.

Precisions:
I'm also happy with my progress on these. They feel easy and natural now (a mere what, three days later?), I only fell 2 out of 10 times jumping from the purple platform onto the 6" beam.

General Conditioning:
13 dive-bombers, 4 hindus, 10 palm towards, 5 palm away, 10 dips, 40-30-20 crunches.

1" Wall Squats:
10. Only had to steady myself on the pole twice.

General Note:
Starting tomorrow, all Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday training will be during my lunch hour at school. I simply don't have time otherwise. I'm really nervous about training at MCAD while school is actually in session. Dealing with parents at a park is one thing, dealing with peers is quite another. Not to mention it's all on concrete now and my roll's not done. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment